Friday, December 14, 2007

It's the little things in life!

As most of you know, I am horrible in the kitchen. I have a handful of dishes I make well, but the bad experiences outweigh the good by far! So, a couple of weeks ago I successfully attempted 'pigs in a blanket.' We sat down for dinner around the table, Aiden said our prayer and then he took a huge bite of his 'blanket.' He turns to me and says, "Mom ... you are a great cook." What he doesn't know can't hurt him ... right? The very next day I decided that I wanted a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I began making one and Aiden asked if he could try one. (History: Aiden never liked peanut butter - so I don't think he has ever had a PB&J). I made him a half sandwich (cut diagonal ... the ONLY way to cut a sandwich). He took one bite and said, "Mom ... what do you call this and I will eat another one if you will make it for me!" I felt so proud! A couple days later Marcus was asking what they would like to have for lunch. Aiden replied, "My mom makes this sandwich on bread and cuts it. It has the brown stuff on one side and the purple stuff on the other ... do you know how to make it too Dad?" Took Marcus a second to figure out he was talking about a PB&J, but from what I hear, Dad makes a mean PB&J also.

See ... it really is the little things in life!
Have a wonderful weekend ... get that shopping done!
Carrie

1 comments:

Jami Liz said...

You are a great cook! And a great mom! Love ya!

jAMI