Monday, April 21, 2008

Another trip to the ER

Here's a new picture of the Gavin-ator (I just came up with that one!) Jamie about died when I put that camo hat on him. Go redneck or go home!



Well, we made another trip to the ER this week. This time for Logan. Around 1:30 am on Saturday morning, I heard Logan trying to call my name and trying to cough. He was having a hard time breathing and was really wheezing. I call my sis (a nurse) and asked what she thought. She told me to take him to the ER. First we called the on call dr. and she said that same thing. So ... of we went. Oh, by the way, my mom came and picked up Aiden and took him back to her house. On the way I called a friend of mine that I knew would be awake. I just asked her to pray for Logan and for me as I was just beyond stressed at that point. We arrived to the ER around 2 and were taken back to a room. Two seconds later, my friend Heidi (the one I called) was at the door! She came to keep me company. I so needed that even though I said I didn't. LOVE YOU HEIDI! Anyway. They gave Logan a breathing treatment right away and checked his oxygen levels. The levels came back at 97%, but the dr. wasn't sure that was right so we did some x-rays. After the x-rays Logan got a double shot of a steroid. Two nurses came in to do it at the same time (in his thighs) but there was a third nurse. I asked what she was for and they said to catch mommy if she passes out again! I guess I have a reputation @ the Community ER! HAHAHA! We then stayed for observation and were on our way around 5 am. WHEW! What a night. They said it was croup related - but he is fine now. I just hope we don't go through that again.

I am ready for a boring week!

Love,

Carrie

2 comments:

Jami Liz said...

GEESH! When will it end?! I can't imagine what their teenage years will be like! Just kidding!

Leslie said...

For crying out loud! What a crazy life you've had lately! I am soooooo not an ER person anyway. You are a strong lady, no matter what the third nurse implies! Good to see all the pictures. Hug all the boys (Gavin, too) and we hope things settle down for you in the coming weeks. Tell the family hello from Missouri! We love you all so much!