Thursday, May 14, 2009

Some Funny Hoffman Happenings

Hello. I just thought I would share a few stories that have happened over the last few days. I can't make this stuff up nor could this stuff happen to anyone but us! Enjoy.

Aiden came home the other day with a prize medal around his neck. I asked him what he did to earn that and he said, "Well, I was in a race with my Amish classmate and I won!" Huh - only in our region would you hear this statement.

Aiden came home and said, "Mom, adios means good bye in Amish!" I promptly said, "I think you mean SPANISH." And he said, "Yeah - whatever."

While I was getting ready for my graduation on Saturday I stopped to put Logan's tie on him. While doing so he stopped me and put his hands on my cheeks and said, "Mom - you look very pretty today." I love that kid.

On Sunday at the Mother's Day service at our old church, Logan was sitting on my lap holding my hand. I whispered in his ear that someday his hand would be bigger than mine. He looked up at me all surprised and said, "And my feet?" I said "Yep, and your feet." The he asked legs? and arms? and fingers ... yes yes and yes I said. Then he points back and forth to my chest area and says, "And those things????" Um, no honey. Not those things. :)

Ok - now a funny that happened to me on Tuesday. I had to make two trips into my office, so I left the driver's side door open to the Tahoe while I made my first trip. No big deal, right? Well ... when I returned to my Tahoe moments later, I reached for my McD's iced tea to see a pigeon sitting on the passenger seat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I shouted a word I probably shouldn't have and walked "calmly and swiftly" over to the passenger side. I opened the door and only had to shew it three times before it exited the vehicle. Whew! Crisis averted ... with no pooping (well, not on the birds behalf at least!!!)

Seriously ... a day in the life of a Hoffman is NEVER boring!

0 comments: