Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Marcus!!

Today my wonderful husband turns 31!!! (I love mentioning how old he is because for a month there we are the same age. He is now older. WHEW!) Keeping up with my tradition (ok, I've only done it once) here is a list of 31 things I love about you, Marcus. (in no particular order).
**WARNING*** MAY CONTAIN SOME MUSHY-NESS!***

*The way you love our boys.
*How dorky you can be (I know ... some of you are surprised).
*Your honesty.
*Your integrity.
*You pay the bills every month. I never have to worry or balance the checkbook, which is a great thing for all involved.
*Your cooking.
*Your cleaning.
*Your Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (although not truly diagnosed, You have it).
*The fact that you quit smoking 2 1/2 years ago cold turkey and haven't turned back.
*How much you appreciate it when I make you coffee.
*Your work ethic. If people had half of what you do they'd be in good shape.
*Your patience (yes, I know how lucky I am. Most would not put up with me).
*You love every member of your family ... and it's a HUGE family.
*How supportive your are of me. Most would run the other way.
*Your smirk.
*You're quiet, but always aware.
*How when I thought I was dating a "bad boy" that I ended up with the sweetest guy ever.
*How proud you are of me and the boys.
*You listen.
*Your positive thinking.
*Your laugh.
*You're very organized (see OCD)
*You're a fun person to be around.
*You are level-headed (I need this).
*You never let me know if you are worried. You just take care of it.
*You make sure the boys and I always feel safe.
*You works hard to provide for us.
*You know who you are.
*Your pride.
*Practically everything about YOU!!!!
*And lastly ... that I feel he was created just for me. He's exactly what I needed.

I heard this song a few years ago and this is exactly how I feel about you. I love you.
It’s always been a mystery to me How two hearts can come together And love can last forever But now that I have found you, I believe That a miracle has come When God sends the perfect one Now gone are all my questions about why And I’ve never been so sure of anything in my life Chorus: I wonder what God was thinking When He created you I wonder if He knew everything I would need Because He made all my dreams come true When God made you He must have been thinking about me I promise that wherever you may go Wherever life may lead you With all my heart I’ll be there too From this moment on I want you to know I’ll let nothing come between us And I will love the ones you love Now gone are all my questions about why And I have never been so sure of anything in my life Chorus: I wonder what God was thinking When He created you I wonder if He knew everything I would need Because He made all my dreams come true When God made you He must have been thinking about me Bridge: He made the sun He made the moon To harmonize in perfect tune One can’t move without the other They just have to be together And that is why I know it’s true You’re for me and I’m for you Cause my world just can’t be right Without you in my life Chorus: I wonder what God was thinking When He created you I wonder if He knew everything I would need Because He made all my dreams come true Tag chorus: He must have heard every prayer I’ve been praying Yes He knew everything I would need When God made you When dreams come true When God made you He must have been thinking about me.
Song is by the Christian contemporary group Newsong. You can find a CD at Amazon

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ure how/where to comment, but i want to THANK YOU for capturing an image of that michael bolton billboard! you are AWESOME! i wish i would have gotten one when i saw it but, i couldn't stop laughing :) THANK YOU THANK YOU!