Sunday, April 11, 2010

Never Gets Old

My boys say some off the wall things, but lately I've really listened to some of the things they have said or asked for and realized that those things will never get old. Here's just a few of them:

*Throw me another fly ball (or grounder).
*Can we snuggle?
*Will you read to me?
*Can I read to you?
*You look pretty.
*I like your fingernails (or dress, or shirt ...)
*You smell good.
*I didn't get in trouble today!
*I did my homework.
*You're the best!
*You're silly.
*I did well on my spelling test.
*Will you tuck me in?
*You forgot to kiss me (not that I want to forget this important step, but I love that they miss it if I don't).
*Can I pray tonight?
And last ... but obviously not least ... I love you.

2 comments:

retrospect said...

Children are adorable. I remember my girls when they were that young. :-) Now they're all grown up and working at jobs in the big city. Sigh! how times flies.

Unknown said...

Ahhh I remember saying things like this to my parents.
Then I grew up.
Treasure this while you can, they might eventually grow out of it and I hope for your sake they don't.