Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ready, set, MOVE!


Above is a picture of the new Hoffman home (ok, we haven't closed on it yet, but 99% sure it will be ours). We are very excited. It all feels so real now.

I have been reflecting on the way that God has been putting this move together. It is so obvious to me now what he has set in place for this transition. It started 4 years ago!

2004 - I started a job at Burkhart Advertising where I became good friends with Tracy. Tracy's husband works for SDI (stick with me here). Sometime in '05 she was trying to convince me to get Marcus to apply up at SDI so we could hang out more. I thought nothing of it ...

2005 - Marcus and I were put into a bible study with a couple, Bart and Jami, that were HU graduates.

2006 - May 21 Marcus drives up to SDI to apply for their new division. I talk to my boss to make sure I can transfer up to the FT. Wayne branch and he agrees. All is set if and when we need to move. We hear nothing for almost a year.

2007 - Feb. I accept a position with AU. I am thrilled! The same day HR from SDI called Marcus for an interview. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?! Marcus said it would take a few months for them to hire him.

2007 - 2 weeks later ... He's hired!

2008 - Feb. I am playing around on the internet and click on the HU website to see if they offer an MBA. I decide to click on their open positions just out of curiosity ... little did I know this would change our lives! I noticed that they were hiring a recruiter for their adult programs (exactly what I do for AU). I didn't think much of it until that evening when Marcus and I were talking. I told him about it and laughed because I thought it would be perfect for me ... a year or so from then. WRONG! Marcus thought I should look into it. I ignored him (surprise surprise) but later that night I decided I would call Bart and Jami (the HU grads) and see if they knew anything about it. Turned out that one of Jami's friends had worked in the same office building as this position. She called me to let me know some info about it. I thought it sounded great, but ignored it again. The next day the HR director from HU called me!!!!!!!!! What!?!?! I did an over the phone interview with her and decided to submit my resume and here we are!!!!
Had I never worked at Burkhart and met Tracy this probably would not have happened. Had I never met Bart and Jami to have an HU connection this probably wouldn't have happened. Had I not been wasting time on the internet that day searching for an MBA ... yep ... this probably wouldn't have happened.
We are very excited for this transition. I would be lying if I didn't tell you that we are a little nervous also, but mostly excited. I cannot wait to see what God has in store for us in our new little town. I wonder who we will meet that will set us up for something in our future. It's all in God's hands. Never has that been more obvious to me than this year.
Love,
Carrie

2 comments:

CDJ said...

That is awesome! Your Father is orderin' yer steps, baby.
"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." - Proverbs 16:9

(I'm Leslie's cuz...I just found your blog...love it...I'll be back.)

The Helman's said...

Hey Carrie! Love the blog!!! Good luck up in Ft. Wayne. I can't believe how big the boys are getting. I remember feeling your belly (with Logan) at an AU football game...tear...