Thursday, June 5, 2008

Shoes!!!




Ok, anyone that knows me knows that I love shoes. I have a LOT of them (although the collection has dwindled since my single days ... but I still have an impressive collection). ANYWAY ... I have decided why I like shoes so much. They always fit. YEP ... it's as simple as that. I wear a size 8 1/2 ... that's my size if I am on my period, if I am having a fat day, if I am having a skinny day (haha!), if it's a good day, a bad day, rainy day, sunny day ... always a size 8 1/2. I never even have to move to a wide on my fat days. NOPE ... a trusty size 8 1/2 will do. Above are the two newest members to my collection ... I am obviously going through a wedge/bow time in my life.

Ok ... so why am I blogging about this random subject? I don't really know. I do know that I have put on some weight lately and it's obviously time I do something about it. And I do know that with all the changes that are about to take place in our lives I am nervous all the time about selling the house and finally making the move. Maybe I just know that shoes always make me feel better ... no matter what.

Now ... what if I took all of the energy I just spent thinking about shoes and put it to use in my prayer life!?! DUH! God is always a perfect fit. Yep ... He's on my side if I am on my period, having a fat day, a skinny day, a good day, a bad day, rainy day, sunny day ... God is always there and I am perfectly made by Him. WOW!

A friend of mine from work gave me a prayer book this week. I have been using the 'worry' chapter over and over. Here is a prayer that I have said a lot this week:

"Most precious God, I pray Your very words over my worries. You have promised not to let my heart be troubled if I will cast my cares on You. Based on Your words, I pray that all worry will flee from me and that my joy will return to me. All of my prayers I pray in Jesus' name. Amen."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What about all those shoes we were trying on at Kohl's :)

Carrie said...

I love funky shoes! Although some of those were way to weird. Loving my two new pairs though.