Thursday, August 7, 2008

Meeting the neighbors ... it's not just taking cookies over!

So ... we haven't met all of our new neighbors. We've met one that lives right beside us, but not the other. Well, I changed some of that today!

I was ready to leave for work and noticed that the sun was blinding. I was planning on taking the car but my sunglasses were not in it. I checked the Tahoe for them but couldn't find them. I decided not to worry about it. BAD DECISION! I pulled out of the driveway and my windshield immediately fogged up. I tried finding the defrost button - and did - just in time to look up and see that I was ready to hit the neighbor's Buick that was parked on the street! Yep. I hit it and hit it hard. I immediately started crying. They all came out and were so very nice. The cop came and said, "Let me guess, sun in your eyes?" I replied, "Yes, is that lame?" He said no because he had just driven our neighborhood and had thought to himself how blinding it was. WHEW! He then asked for my driver's license and I told him that the address was wrong. He asked what the new address was. I told him and he looked up and pointed to the house. Yep ... that's me! He said, "Well, most accidents happen less than 2 miles from home." I said, "Well sir, we are only 50 feet from the house!"

He did all the paperwork and then said, "Let's get this all cleaned up. Ma'am, I think your pride is over there!" OUCH! HAHAHA!

So ... my pride is hurt, my mouth is sore because I bit my lip and jaw, but other than that I am fine. The neighbors are really nice and the guy wants to let Marcus ride his Harley! God sure does have a sense of humor ... doesn't He?

I am trying to download the pictures from my cell. I got them to my computer but they will not post on here right.

PS ... say a prayer ... we had someone come look at the house last night!

1 comments:

ndiruzza said...

This would ONLY happen to you...you know that right?