Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Welcome 2008








Hello! Happy New Year to all of you. And I hope you all had quality family time these last two weeks as we have had. We traveled out to Missouri to see my grandparents and great granny along with all the aunts, uncle and cousins. Lots of little boys running around playing, lots of laughter, lots of food, lots of football ... I could go on and on. I've added a few pictures - but the one that is most important to me right now is the one with the Five Generations in my family. Granny Fannon is sitting, Grandma Davis is the one with her arm in a cast, my mother is standing beside me and my sister is on the arm of the chair, then of course Aiden, Logan and Gavin.
During all of the festivities in Missouri, I asked my grandpa if he knew when he had his four children that they would create all of this (pointing to all of the great grandchildren and grandchildren playing with their new toys, all the cousins laughing and teasing one another, and the brothers and sisters picking on one another) and he said, "Yep ... I sure did. That's what I prayed for!" Isn't that really what all of it's about? Family and watching how our family grows and changes throughout the years?
As for the new year ... I normally do not do New Year's Resolutions, but I am going to give it a shot this year. Of course I need to lose weight, so I am going to cut out my pop intake. Anyone that knows me knows that I am LOVE my Coke and Root Beer, so it should be interesting. I keep telling myself that if Marcus can quit smoking cold turkey, then I can give up something like pop. We all have a vice I guess!
Well, I could share a lot of little stories from the last couple of weeks and it's festivities, but I'll just leave with a quote from a plaque that was given to my great aunt ... "The best things in life aren't things ..." How appropriate after these last few days?
With love,
Carrie


1 comments:

Jami Liz said...

ROCK ON Carrie! Family is the bestest!!! Love yours (all of them!) and miss you! Happy new year my friend!

jAMI