Monday, February 18, 2008

Nails on a chalkboard ... or Aiden?

Hello!

What a weekend! Marcus and I went on a date on Friday night! An actual date! We ate @ Johnny Carino's and then went to see "Fool's Gold" (the new Matthew McCoanaghy movie ...). We had a nice time and enjoyed the movie. FYI ... if you are expecting a mushy love story ... think more along the lines of Indiana Jones meets (insert love story title here). Marcus an I both enjoyed it.

Saturday was spent in Indy @ the Boat, Sport and Travel show. We took Aiden. Well, last year he was nearly perfect ... this year ... not so much. He was whiny about everything and was ready to quit walking one isle into it! Long story short, the day was a long one and on our way home he drove me nuts! He just wasn't listening and he was being, well, a brat for the lack of a better term. We got home and he apologized to me for not listening and I told him that I wanted him to start behaving like the 4 year old I knew he could be. Well, that lasted all of 2 minutes. By this time he was driving daddy nuts too. We put him to bed and prayed that Sunday would be better. Fast forward to Sunday ... I guess he was ok prior to mommy getting out of bed. I was running behind and was franctically trying to put on my make up when Aiden and Logan came into the bathroom. I 'lovingly' told them that I needed them out so that I could get ready. That's when I heard Aiden say, "Logan, I don't think that mommy wants us anymore." O-U-C-H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At first I laughed, then I cried. I didn't mean for my son to think I didn't want him anymore. He had just gotten on my last nerve and I broke. Of course I know that it was mostly because it had been a long week, but he doesn't understand that. Why did I let it get to that point anyway!?!?! I felt like a horrible mother.

Well, all of that rambling was just to say that I have talked to several other mothers that claim to have had a day or two like the one above. Now, none of them have had a son say out loud that mommy didn't want them anymore, but you get the point.

I am so thankful to have all of you other mommy's to vent to and to lean on. To hear you say that it's ok to have days like that means a lot to me. I hope that I do not have any more of those days for quite some time however.

And don't get me wrong ... I love BOTH of my little ones and DO want them! Now ... how to prove that to them ....

Love,
Carrie

0 comments: