Thursday, February 14, 2008

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well ... today has started off a bit weird. I received tulips from Marcus this morning (so sweet). When I called him on his cell to thank him I learned that his dog that he has had since he was 15 has cancer. So weird! I knew she was getting older and not doing so well. Last month we had talked about if the vet said she needed to be put to sleep that we would go ahead with it. The vet did not recommend that, so all was well ... or we thought. This week her leg swelled up and the vet got her in this am to learn about the cancer. CANCER???? Also weird because just last night my mom and I were talking about all the persons I know and love that are fighting cancer and how everyone knows at least one person close to them that is fighting. And now I know a dog with it? Of course Tara will not be going through radiation and chemo, but to know that she is in pain and has this disease is just ... well ... weird to me. I didn't think it would hit me this way, but it really has. Just weird (have I said that yet?)

So, looks like in the very near future Tara will be in doggy heaven. I asked my bible study girls if they believe in such a thing and I received this from one of them:
"My personal feeling is that God created the animals of the earth...and it
was good...and I believe he cares for animals in a special way. I have
always told our kids that "Annie" (the little poodle rescued that died)
would be in heaven with Jesus. Heaven is going to be a place of
praise, right? A place of all the things in life that we love...better
than anything we can imagine. I don't see why there might not be some
friendly dogs running around up there. But, I think maybe spiders
didn't make the list! Ha!"

Amanda ... I agree ... there should be friendly dogs running up there with us! Spiders ... well, someone has to love them ... right!?!?!

Again, Happy Valentine's Day! And thanks for letting me rant about doggy cancer.
Love,
Carrie
PS ... those are supposed to be hearts on the top ... but they look more like blobs!

0 comments: