Monday, March 31, 2008

Curling Iron Fire

WHEW ... or should I say ... PEEEEEWWWWW!

I lost a curling iron today due to a curling iron fire. I haven't decided if it's a good thing that I was actually HOLDING the curling iron when it happened or not! Here's the story:

I was doing my top 'curl' in order to get the height that I soooo think I need. I noticed in the mirror that there was smoke billowing out of it. I thought to myself, "Self ... your hair isn't wet is it!?" NOPE ... not remotely! I took the iron out of my hair to see more and more smoke billowing and the handle getting very hot. I yanked the cord to unplug it and ran over to the tub to run the water over it. In the meantime, the smoke alarm goes off (glad to see, er - hear it works) and the kids come running in to see what mommy had burnt this time (normally it's something to eat ... this actually looked better than some of the dishes I have tried to prepare). What a morning! I'll try to take pics of it tonight if I think about it ... and the lovely hair do that I am now sporting due to the lack of curling!

I think this calls for a hair cut that does not require a curling iron! Or ... maybe it's a good excuse to spend $100 on the Paul Mitchell Smoothing Iron I so covet at the time!

A day in the life ... nothing is never boring at our place!

Have a wonderful ... smokeless week!
Carrie

1 comments:

ValerieJerrils said...

Hi Carrie,
The pics of the boys are adorable, and wow what a great Easter! Where is all the chocolate bunnies?(Sarcasm!!)
The info on Easter was amazing and isn't it cool that we are here for such a time as this. Our God is amazing! Have a great week.
ValerieJerrils