Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lots of catching up

Hello. Sorry it's been awhile --- a lot has happened in the last week. Here we go ...

Thursday, July 17th - We closed on our new house! A few little glitches (my driver's license was expired! OOPS) but other than that we now own two homes. EEK!
Same day about 11:15 pm - My dad calls to ask me to take him to the ER. He was having numbness in his left arm and hand. It was later confirmed that he had suffered a stroke earlier in the evening. I don't know all the technical stuff, but he is home and in great spirits. He is slowly regaining the use of his left hand. He begins therapy this week with the hopes that he is back to full usage by Christmas or sooner! Please keep him in your prayers.
Saturday, July 19th - We were supposed to head out to Missouri for my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary. Mom was already out there and dad insisted that she stayed since it was her parent's. Marcus and I debated on going, but when we knew for sure that dad was doing great and in good hands with my bro-in-law, Nick (he's a dr.) we decided to head out for the festivities. I am so glad we did.
Sunday, July 20th - Sunday all day was the big celebration for my grandparent's. I will post pics later (using dial-up and would be up for hours for one picture!). Lots of people came to celebrate with our family. Good times.
Monday, July 21 & 22 - We headed to Branson with Gma and Gpa, Aunt Deb, Nathan and the boys. We had fun, but we were worn out! I will give details with the pictures I post in a day or two.
July 23 - Headed home. Took 10 hours and Mommy is tired!
July 24th ... WE START MOVING! Marcus and I will be boxes things all day tomorrow and loaded the Uhaul in the evening. We hope to pull out for our new address on Friday morning! I'll keep you posted!

Love,
Carrie

2 comments:

CDJ said...

What an exciting time! Now, don't be doggin' dial-up...It's the more spiritual method of blogging. (It affords HOURS of contemplative silence while the little dashes go 'round and 'round...then finally the meditation snaps as the screen flashes: "your image has been uploaded".)

So glad your dad is good!

Jami Liz said...

Carrie, glad to hear your dad is doing alright! Can't wait to see your new place! We will be headed to my folks in Ohio Sunday August 10th and headed back to IL on Tuesday morning August 12th. I know you start your job soon, but would you want to schedule lunch maybe that Tuesday in Huntington? We'll talk later about it! Love ya lots!!