Monday, September 22, 2008

Action Packed Weekend



Where do I begin? Friday night we took the boys to the Whitko homecoming football game. We had a great night of football, fireworks and family time. We came home and waited for my parents and Gavin to get there. As you know it was my dad's bday so Logan and I decorate dad's birthday cake (pictured above). We gave him his cake and gifts. Saturday we hung out at the fall fest riding rides and I was in the parade. That evening we headed to the mall for food and shopping. Sunday morning Aiden decided to run in the 1 mile fun run. Crazy ... I know! His cousin Brody said he would run with him (he's in cross country ... thanks Brody). Aiden finished 9th out of 18 runners that were probably 10 and under???? Either way we were VERY proud of him. He finished in 9 minutes and 14 seconds. Brody told us that he never stopped running! Seriously, I was more proud of him for running that than watching him play baseball. I don't really know why ... maybe because bball comes so easily to me and running doesn't that I respect him for it? I don't know ... either way, so proud. He got a medal (every runner did) but he calls it a gold medal. He is so proud of that thing. I framed the picture of him crossing the finish line and of him holding his medal and gave it to him. He placed it on his shelf and enjoys looking at it. Did I mention how proud I am of him??????

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell Aiden we are so very proud of him....now he needs to get Mommy out there running with him :)

Chris said...

I know you are so proud of your guy! Way to go Aiden!! How did mom do with the "crowd"???