Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Rambling ...

I am not sure that I have much to post. Friday we went to watch Aiden in his first class 'play.' He was a doggy (much better than what I was in my first class play ... a skunk!) He did a great job and then we got to stay and do a craft with him. Saturday I scrapbooked all day and Marcus took the boys to watch Brody race go carts. They didn't get home until midnight. Marcus was tucking Aiden into bed and Aiden said, "Dad, this turned out to be a great day. I thought I was going to play outside all day, but instead we got to watch go carts!" So cute. Sunday we went to church, napped and then spent a few hours at Alvin and Steph's so that Alvin could have a play date with the boys. They 4-wheeled for hours!


Ok, so I wanted to try out this thing other bloggers have been doing. I was SUPPOSE to do it on Monday, but that day got away. So, Tuesday it is! Enjoy ...


FOR TODAY Tuesday, September 30, 2008


Outside My Window... I hear the construction going on. They've got the entire entrance to our building blocked. Good thing is that I can still cut across to the McD's to get my sweet tea. NOTHING gets between me and my sweet tea.
I am thinking... about the fact that I only have six weeks of school left before I am FINALLY done with my bachelor's! Praise the Lord. (Yes, next week this will be the same thought with only 5 weeks, then 4 and so on).
I am thankful for... The above answer and for my boys. I had a wonderful evening with them last night eating leftovers and reading books. I filled their baths up with way too many bubbles and we just laughed and laughed. I love seeing their personalities coming through.
From the kitchen... hahaha! Oh man ... from our kitchen you normally can hear the smoke alarm and know that mommy must be in there. Last night our kitchen was filled with the smell of hard boiled eggs and tuna (making tuna salad) and leftovers. Yumm-o!
I am wearing... my gray boots! I love boot-wearin' weather! Oh, and I am wearing my glasses, again. My contacts are giving me all kinds of issues.
I am creating... a spreadsheet to keep track of all my prospective students. We have this high tech computer program that is here to help me with it, but I just can't grasp it. Thank goodness for my trusted Excel 07.
I am going... to my first rotary meeting. I am all about networking and meeting new people, but for some reason the title of rotary has me a bit worried. Not sure why ...
I am reading... my Ethics textbook. Not nearly as enjoyable as the Shack that I just finished up. Although, both books offer ideas that I could take or leave.
I am hoping... that everything works out for the weekend. Marcus and I had a miscommunication problem (really doesn't happen often, but when it does WATCH OUT) so now we are debating which plans to ditch.
I am hearing... the radio via the computer. Star 88.3 is a great station up here.
Around the house... there are lots of toys and clothes. It's not messy, but not picked up if that makes since. Can you tell that mom is in charge this week?
One of my favorite things... is fall. I love the colors of the leaves, the sound of the leaves crunching, all the fall festivals, the smells, the fact that I can wear long sleeves and jeans without people telling me it's 90 degrees out and I am crazy ... poor circulation here people!
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Not a lot this week. I have some homework to finish up, but other than that I promised Aiden we would read several books each night and just hang out.
Here is picture thought I am sharing... This is Logan and his friend Riley. They were at a bday party and Riley was telling him how to play the game. She held his hand the entire game time. I am sharing this photo as Riley's family was one of our first friends in our new neighborhood. They moved on Sunday to Montana! They sold their house in 8 days and were off. The new couple moved in yesterday and made me really miss Riley, Samantha, Ben and Missy. I hope they are having safe travels (24 hours in a packed minivan with 2 girls ages 6 and 3 does not sound like fun).

0 comments: