Sunday, September 14, 2008

Homemade Cookies ... Icing and All!


Are you sitting down? I made homemade cookies and homemade icing with the boys this evening. SHOCKER ... I know! I thought we had some break-n-bake cookies in the fridge and I promised the boys if they took a nap after church that we would make cookies. Well ... we had no break-n-bakes and of course they remembered my promise. So, I found a recipe that only required flour, powered sugar, butter and vanilla. We had all those so off to mixing I went! It made a really thick batter so that the kids could form it into shapes. We made a turtle, butterfly, flower, several worms and Logan made two ramps. We baked them while I mixed the icing and then we decorated until our ADD kicked in and we couldn't do it any more. The boys have both eaten one and they saved a bunch for daddy to eat tonight (lucky him). I may try to sneak a pic of Marcus actually eating them ... and then a pic of him actually alive tomorrow! HA!

1 comments:

CDJ said...

I LOVE the "sugar doodles"! Those plates scream "Our mom is so cool!"
Glad you had a good time. Thanks for sharing...(the photos, not the doodles:)