Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My sensitive boy ...

Last evening while I was preparing dinner (I know ... HUGE shocker! And it wasn't even anything in a box! Craziness). ANYWAY ... last evening while I was preparing dinner (still funny) I found the movie, "Fox and the Hound" on tv. I had never actually seen it - but I figured it was ok since it was an older Disney movie ... right!? WRONG! Aiden and Logan were watching it and I happened to look over to see Aiden crying ... I mean BAWLING. I went over and asked him what was wrong and he sobbed while telling me that Todd (the fox) had lost his mommy and it was sad. I held him for a few minutes until the tears had subsided and he decided he still wanted to watch it. By the way, Logan is totally oblivious to all of this. So, about 20 minutes later while I am STILL making dinner I hear him crying again. I walk over to see what has happened now. He explained that the neighbor that was a farmer had a gun and was going to shoot Todd. He did NOT want to watch this movie anymore. Ah, it just broke my heart. Luckily, the farmer did not shoot Todd and we continued to watch until Todd met the foxy fox and all seemed better. We turned it off before the true ending due to dinner being ready (very delicious I might add). I just thought it was so sweet that his heart was so broken and sensitive to that. My sweet boy.

The picture above is from about two years ago. Aiden had won a fish at AWANA and they were trying to decide what to name him. They were debating between Nemo and George. He went with Nemo. We've had three fish since that Nemo ... all have been named Nemo. HA.

Have a great day!
Carrie

1 comments:

Leslie said...

ALL of my boys cry at fox and the hound! They have just recently been able to watch the whole thing without getting either heartbroken or totally angry at that mean neighbor! Too sweet!

Love you! Glad you are enjoying your new house!

Blessings,
Leslie