Friday, November 16, 2007

Friends





I know that this is the season for giving thanks. I know that I do not do this enough for all I have been given. I am so very thankful for my family and their support, but today I have been thinking a lot about my friends. It's probably because I am heading to Chuck E. Cheese tonight with some of my closest friends and their children. We have done this twice already (we use our kids to get in if you want the truth!) and it's been a blast each time. The pizza makes your stomach gurgle, but to see the children laugh and have fun with each other at the same time the adults are ... it's just priceless. So, as I am gearing up all day for the fun evening ahead, I am reminded of my closest friends. Although I don't see you all as much as I would like, please know that I love you all and pray for your families often!

So, as my heart was open to being thankful for friends, something else happened. An older couple that use to play in my parent's euchre club stopped in to my office. I know that sounds dull, but stick with me. Don and Jan have always loved on my boys as if they were their own. They are two of the cutest and funniest couples Marcus and I have ever met. We only would see them every six months or so, but they welcomed us with hugs and laughter every time. Five months ago Don experienced 2 heart attacks and 2 strokes along with something else that has made him lose his memory and speaking skills. The dr.s had once said that his brain was 'mush' and he would never walk or move his right arm again. Well ... I am happy to say that Don WALKED into my office using only a cane and even remembered my face. He wanted to see pictures of my boys and hugged me many times. Jan says that the dr's obviously didn't know "her Don" but more importantly, they didn't know "her God" because Don is a walking miracle.

I just want to thank God for my family, for my friends near and far, for Don and Jan and the miracles that they have experienced in the last few months. Maybe throw a prayer in there for my stomach at Chuck E. Cheese's tonight too! ARG!

Have a wonderful weekend all!

Carrie

1 comments:

Jami Liz said...

Missing you...

Have fun tonight! Wish we were there!!!!

jAMI