Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Hoffman Vocabulary

The last four years of raising 2 boys have been a very fun experience. One of my favorite things is to hear the funny ways they communicate. We have our own vocabulary and thought I would share some of the fun ones:


Chimpinchimps: "Mom ... Brody has a lot of chimpinchimps from racing!" Yep, chimpinchimps = championships. (Aiden Oct 07).

Bunk: This is Logan's word for his blankie. Bunk plus two middle fingers on right hand = euphoria! (Logan 07).

Piecorn and Popcookies: "Mom ... I really want to pop some piecorn!" (Aiden 06). "More popcookies peeeeeese!?" (Logan Nov 07). So neither of my boys can figure out how to say p-o-p-c-o-r-n. I never knew it was such a toughy!

Saladation: While learning his bible verse for AWANA, Aiden tells daddy about God's gift of 'saladation,' or ... salvation. (Aiden Dec 06).

Bapaw: So close to the real thing, but so sweet coming from a two year old while running into "Bapaw's" arms. (Aiden 05).

Chunk: "Grandma, I want some more chunk please!" Chunk = cubed ham. (Aiden 06).

Dirtbag: "Dad ... I rode the dirtbag!" Dirtbag = Cousin Brody's dirtbike. (Aiden 05).

Stunk: "Ah man, someone hit a stunk!" Yep, 'stunk' = skunk. Fitting I think! (Aiden 07).

20: The number that Aiden would tell you when asked, "How old are you going to be?" He would look at the person and with a very matter-of-fact voice and say, "20." Even told Pastor Jerry he was going to be 20 when we went up in front of the church the Sunday before his birthday. Oh my. (FYI ... he was only turning 4).

Those are just a few of the Hoffman vocabulary. As Logan is starting to talk more, I know that there will be additions. I'll be sure to share!

1 comments:

Leslie said...

Very cool! What handsome boys! I am so glad we can check in on each other this way! Way to go!

Love,
Leslie