Friday, November 14, 2008

Just an update on me

Hello all.

I just wanted to let you know how things are going here in Northern Indiana.

At times I think I am adjusting well, other times, not so much. I am having one of those not so much days today, but I am sure it will pass.

I am attributing today's not so much day to the fact that we are heading to Alexandria this weekend. It's strange to me because we'll be staying at my mom and dad's house. Now, we had to do that during the ice storm, but this time is just different. We are just visiting, them, the town, everything. That's not home anymore and I keep referring to it as such. Of course, we still OWN a home there, so all ties are not cut. We are planning on going to church at CCC on Sunday --- I think I miss that aspect of my life the most. I miss my friends there, the connections that were made, the accountability that we had to that church, the fact that when we were not in service people called to check on us. We've been attending a church that I like, but it's such a large church that I don't think people know if you are a visitor or just coming to a different service for the day (they have 3 services every Sunday). I feel lost in the crowd. I also can't seem to figure out where it is that I am supposed to be serving in that church. It's just not home yet. Speaking of home, I do love our new house. It does feel like home when we are all there. It's the times that Marcus is working - days or nights - that it just feels more like a place to sleep. Then there's the job. I have good days and then I have bad days. I am a firm believer in adult learning, but coming into a university that I don't really know, well, it's hard to recruit and feel passionate about it. It's getting better week by week, but then there are those days ... OUCH. I do love the community that we are now apart of. People in Columbia City have been so nice and welcoming. I am now the chairperson for the Chamber of Commerce Ambassador's and I was just welcomed into the Columbia City Rotary Club (click on the link to see that pic of me). I just had coffee with the judge in the town and have met the mayor this week. Both men are have been very welcoming and made me feel like they are glad we moved our family into the community. It's funny because I never met with the judge or mayor in Anderson or Alex and yet I still feel more like I belong back there.

OK ... DO NOT GET ME WRONG! I am NOT depressed - maybe just a bit homesick. I am sure it will pass. I think with Gavin turning 1 this week and me not getting to see him until Sunday has something to do with it. The fact that I had some major meetings this week and did not get to see my parents face to face to tell them about it has something to do with it. Having no class to drive down into Anderson has something to do with it. The lack of a mall, Target or Kohl's in the near distance has something to do with it!!!

So, with all that said, I am excited about our trip to Alex and hope that I will be thrilled to return HOME to South Whitley on Sunday. I'll keep you posted ...

Have a wonderful weekend,
Carrie

0 comments: