Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Time to Pray

I am not one to sit and talk for hours about politics, but I have to admit that Marcus and I watched the tv last night just in awe of what was happening. I am not sure yet if we are happy, sad ... I really don't know. But I read a lot of blogs and found this to sum it up for me (copied below but I encourage you to check out the site. He's a pastor in TN and I really enjoy his blog).

"Today is a new day. It’s a new era. Regardless of who you voted for or why, it’s time to switch gears. It’s time to pray for Obama as he transitions to become the President of the United States.

And furthermore, you need to know this is not a surprise to God. Before the billions of dollars were spent on this campaign, God already knew the outcome. He wasn’t sitting around the television last night ringing his hands like you were.

He doesn’t need a Republican or a Democrat, an electoral vote, or a state. He’s not red or blue. He’s God.

He’s God and I’m not. You’re Not. Obama is not. McCain is not.

So if your candidate lost. I’m sorry. If you’re worried your issues aren’t going to be being addressed. I’m sorry. But God is still God and He’s still sitting on His throne.

Let’s move on."

2 comments:

Pete Wilson said...

Thanks for the link love. Enjoy your blog as well. You've got a beautiful family.

Unknown said...

Great shot of Logan there to the left. He will be upset when he realizes he is on the internet going pottie. Haha. God reigns, regardless.