Sunday, February 1, 2009

75 Random Facts

If you are my friend on Facebook, you've probably have already had the joy of reading this. If not and you wan to know 75 random things about me, grab a cup of joe and enjoy!

1. I hate mashed potatoes.
2. I cannot stand to hear people say the word "moist."
3. I put my socks and shoes on left to right at all times.
4. I have a blog (http://clhcorner.blogspot.com)
5. I love my two boys more than life itself.
6. Marcus is my best friend.
7. Marcus and I weren't even friends in high school, but went to the same high school (he slept beside me in Spanish!)
8. I have colored my hair since I was 17.
9. I love to scrapbook.
10. I am a college graduate as of December 2008!
11. I flunked out of college the first go around.
12. I played softball in college for Anderson University.
13. I am a christian ... but I've never been baptized!
14. I am the funniest person I know.
15. I still do not know what I want to be when I grow up.
16. I want to have another baby - my husband ... not so much.
17. I freak out at the sight of raw chicken and will sterilize anything and everything that comes in to contact with it.
18. I cussed Marcus out when he proposed.
19. My driver's license still says I weigh 120 (which was even a lie at the age of 16!)
20. I enjoy being the center of attention.
21. I am very unorganized, but can usually find anything you request if you do not move my piles!
22. I delivered a 10 pound, 6 oz baby without the use of drugs. Delivered Aiden without drugs too, but he was only 7 lbs 6 oz. Hurts almost the same though.
23. I've dressed like a tomato, raven and a tiger. Wonder what will be next.
24. I am a huge fan of The Little Mermaid.
25. I love my girlfriends like family!
26. My sister Jamie and I were in the same geometry class in high school. I was a senior, she was a freshman. I flunked out at semester, she passed with an A+ both semesters.
27. I was once hospitalized for what the doctors thought to be leukemia. I was tested and tested again and after 2 days was told I did not have it. I thank God for this almost daily.
28. I have a broken back. I broke it when I was 13, had back surgery when I was 14, yet still have pain (more than I originally had ) to this day.
29. I couldn't watch Frankenstein in high school because of the scar my back surgery had left on my spine. I don't think it would bother me now.
30. I miss our "first friends in South Whitley" nearly every day. It's a bit odd since we only knew each other 2 or 3 months and we really never hung out ... but I just know we would have been great friends. Marcus and I talk about them a lot ... weird, and sad ... I know.
31. I hate halloween. Actually, I hate masks and being scared. I fake like I enjoy it now for the boys, but I would rather just hide. I don't even like handing out the candy.
32. I never drank in high school. I was always afraid that my parents would find out.
33. I had a dentist appointment the day after my first kiss and I was afraid that the dentist would be able to tell and tell my mom. Seriously, I was sick to my stomach thinking he could tell!
34. Since gaining weight this last time, I've considered buying maternity jeans.
35. My sister Jamie is my best friend. I tell her everything. She is brutally honest with me and I love that about her. We have very different lives, but would be lost without each other. I feel the same way about my friend Jill. I miss her.
36. I am a daddy's girl and always will be.
37. Marcus and I were engaged nearly 4 years before walking down the isle.
38. I was 8 months pregnant with Aiden when we got married (insert gasp here).
39. Marcus and I wouldn't be where we are today as parents, husband/wife or christians had it not been for the joy and pains we experienced while being unmarried and pregnant. I admit the sin, but I do not regret one thing about the whole situation because of what we learned. I will not ever hide this fact from either of my children.
40. I sometimes just need to scream outloud just because.
41. I have no set side of the bed. My side of the bed must be the furthest from the door.
42. I have lived in a haunted house.
43. I once thought that a demon had taken over my bed. It was an earthquake and makes for on heck of a story!
44. Steve Park (ex-NASCAR driver) asked me out. I had to say no since Marcus was with me. :) Jamie would be so proud.
45. I pass out - alot. Not from drinking!!! I pass out when I get sick, get too hot, am stressed, tired ... I once passed out while driving.
46. I cannot stand water in my face. I have to have control of the water that hits my face. I only wet my face with a cloth. My boys have learned the hard way not to spray mommy.
47. I miss my old church so much it hurts.
48. I miss my Grandma Erskine every single day. I know that she would have been so excited to see my boys. She died at 58 and it's still hard for me to believe because I truly thought she would live forever.
49. I secretly would love to be a hand model.
50. I hate feet. I have just recently gotten to the point that I can appreciate the cuteness of babies feet, but just barely. The only time I touch Aiden and Logan's feet are to cut their toe nails because Marcus refuses to do them in fear of hurting them.
51. I once wore a water bra (didn't need it then either, guess it was a fad) and it broke at work. Every time I moved my arm it would leak more and more.
52. I met Senator Evan Bayh recently. I shook his hand and afterwards went into the ladies room to apply lipstick just to realize that I had blue icing from a toaster strudel on my lip. It was from the good bye kiss Logan gave me that morning. Lovely.
53. I have always been told I have a great smile, but I am not fond of it.
54. I still cannot believe that God trusted me with Aiden and Logan. I cry just thinking about it.
55. I am outgoing and have never been accused of being shy.
56. I love to tell stories no matter how embarrassing they may be.
57. I sometimes share too much.
58. I am a total clutz.
59. My junior year prom date and I had babies on the same day, same hospital within an hour apart. Obviously this wasn't the same child. Our sons played on the same t-ball team 5 years later.
60. I've always been jealous of my sister Jamie's looks. She is gorgeous.
61. I listen to mostly Christian music, but I am a HUGE AC/DC fan followed closely by Motley Crue and Poison.
62. I flunked Bible twice at AU. It wasn't until last year when I took it as an adult that I passed. I got an A.
63. I don't think Brad Pitt is hot ... at all.
64. #21 is my favorite # because it was the date that I had my first kiss with the biggest crush of my life. I was so nervous I bit his tongue.
65. I came very close to having twins when we had Logan. The other embryo didn't form at the ripe age of 9 weeks. I never felt like I needed to mourn but I do sometimes wonder what life would have been like with twins. God knew what he was doing.
66. I was in the Morrison Hall basement bathroom @ AU straightening my hair on 9-11. I was getting the play by play from Bob and Tom Q95 radio station. I stayed there for 2 hours listening to the coverage.
67. I've been taken by ambulance to the hospital 4 times.
68. Aiden is named Aiden because I was watching "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and "Aiden" from Sex and the City is in the movie. I ran home and asked Marcus if he liked that name and we were settled from there. Logan's name comes from the show "Yes Dear." A little boy on the show named Logan went running across the screen and Marcus and I looked at each other and said, "Logan ... that's a good name!" I know... thoughtful.
69. I love dough. I went through a time in my life where I craved pillsbury croissant dough and gave into that carving.
70. I hate going to any doctor because I always feel like they think I am making up a pain or something. Once they start the tests or what not they normally do find something wrong with me. I just hate feeling like they think I am stupid and making it up.
71. I doodle my name alot. Every church bulletin that has touched my hands probably has my name on it ... at least 10 times.
72. I saw my sister get hit by a car and still have visions of it in my sleep.
73. I don't deserve Marcus but thank God for him everyday. I do not know where I would be without him.
74. I do not like to hug. If you get one from me that I initiate ... WHOA! Feel special. As a friend said the other day ... I can love from afar. I prefer fist bumping these days. PS - this does not apply to my boys, Marcus included. :)
75. I think it's sad that this took me no time to construct 75 random things about me! I could go on and on and on and on and ...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved your list of 75 things....I'm thinkin you could do 200 & not have a problem....LOL