Thursday, January 29, 2009

When Does This Become Rewarding????

I need to let these hateful emotions out. It's going to be ugly ... but bear with me.

Directly below is the enemy. I all but curse at this stupid manual machine. It lies about how many calories I have burned in the whopping 15 minutes it has taken me to walk/run/stand an entire 1/2 mile (yes, you read that correctly). It tells me that while I feel like death, I have only burned 57 calories in 15 minutes. Do you realize that that is the amount of calories in a bite sized Snickers bar. This hardly seems worth it.

Below is the "ticker" that I have been wearing for one week and two days clocking my each and every step. According to it, I've walked 16.307 miles and have burned 774.9 calories. That is just over HALF of the calories that the stupid Slim Fast website told me I can eat per day.
Here's a positive! I had to get new tennis shoes for this little adventure I am on. I LOOOOVE them. They are the most comfortable shoes I have had for a long time. I've never bought a pair of tennis shoes for actual function, so I was totally overwhelmed in the shoe isle. I am glad I found these babies though. And such a cute color too!
I have also been drinking about 6 bottles of water a day. I hate water. I really do. Although, I have found that a bottle of it does go down pretty easily at dinner. I do not like restaurant water AT ALL. I have been allowing my self one pop a day. I cannot function without it.
I have also been eating a ton of yogurt, fruit (not the fruit pictured, fresh fruit. That is Logan's for his lunches) and animal crackers. I only like two flavors of yogurt though, so it gets old fast.

I am certainly really wanting to dive into these. They are my all time f-a-v-o-r-i-t-e! I did make them for breakfast on Sunday and decided I could partake. I did not feel guilty about it one bit ... but now I just want to taste them again! Sunday could not get here quick enough!

And finally ... here is what I look like after my 15 minute walk from ... well, you know. Lovely, I know. Eye make up running down the face with the sweat, dark eye circles, red cheeks. I am one hot lady. Oh, and I spared you a pic of it, but I bought the best sports bra ever the same night I bought my tennis shoes. I love it! I had to laugh though because Marcus has called it my "training bra" on more than one occasion. That is the BIGGEST training bra I have ever seen! Hee hee!
So, with all of this complaining ... I haven't stepped on a scale since starting to use the treadmill. I do not know if I am making even the slightest bit of headway on this weight loss adventure. I do know that I am more tired than normal and am hoping that changes soon. I know I can do this ... I just may need to rant more on here. I feel so much better. Now, I must go shower. You may have been able to smell me through your computer screen! Sorry.
Have a great evening,
Carrie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You go girl....Keep it up. You'll see the difference before you know it. I for one am really proud of you.

Stacie said...

I'm right there with you girl. just weighed in im down 12 pounds in 14days it should be more....