Sunday, January 4, 2009

Family Ties

We have returned from Missouri. I had a great time. We arrived Wednesday evening and spent time just sharing updates with the family. I ended up with a migraine, so I rang the new year in with a pillow over my head in total silence. Oh what fun! Thursday we all gathered at my grandparent's home for Christmas lunch and gifts. It was fun watching the kids (all boys) playing together and sharing their new toys. In the picture they are sporting their new shirts that Grandma Davis made for them. So goofy (the kids, not the shirts!) Thursday night I was able to sneak away with my sis and Aunt Leslie for some girl time at Wal-Mart (there is not much to do in Rolla ... Wal-Mart is the place to go!) It was nice to get to talk with each other openly. Friday I was blessed to enjoy some one on one time with my Aunt Debbie and then we added my Great Aunt Faye for some more shopping fun. I really enjoyed spending that special time with them. Friday night I got to spend some time with my Uncle Bob and Aunt Diane and their kids. It was so hard for me realizing that their son, Adam, is turning 16 soon and has a girlfriend! I remember holding him when he was a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh.

Well, it's back to reality tomorrow. Aiden returns to school, Logan to daycare and I'm back to work. It's been a great 12 days off! I needed the r&r.

Love to all!
Carrie

0 comments: