Friday, January 9, 2009

A Mommy - Not a Person

So, the other night while at "Boff Effans" Aiden was talking about how dogs eat. I told him that he was doing a great job pretending to eat like a dog, but we do not eat that way. He told me that was correct because we were persons. Yep, persons. In turn, Logan swings his head around and says to me, "You're not a person! You're a Mommy!!!"

Little did he know how true that is, er, feels? So, I decided to make a list of how I know I am a Mommy and not a person:

  • I do not think twice about wiping another person's bottom. I mean, that is an everyday occurrence ... right?
  • Nor do I think twice about talking about what we are about to flush down the potty. One of the boys once said, "Look mom ... lots of them are whole but one is broken. So sad." I of course agreed with how sad it was as we proceeded to flush. Gave no thought (until now) on how odd that conversation was.
  • When I was on maternity leave, I didn't give a rip that I had spit up in my hair, down the back of my sweatshirt ... or any other place.
  • I've gone more than 24 hours without a shower yet have still left the house. EEEK!
  • I've left the house without make up. (if that doesn't make one "not a person" I don't know what does!)
  • I get excited over monster trucks, faux hawks, skateboards, and sometimes even bugs.
  • I rarely get to use the potty in peace.
  • I've picked someone else's nose.
  • I drive an 8 passenger Tahoe for necessity, not for cool rims, loud stereos, flashy crome ... nope. My Tahoe is for car seats, dvd players, crayons, school papers, left over french fries ... the list is endless people.
  • I've served Doritos, a banana and milk for dinner without feeling guilty.
  • I have nursed in public (GASP!!) and didn't feel one ounce of guilt about it. (I've done it many times actually).
  • I've bribed them with a prize just so I could go to the mall.
  • I believe that McD's can be a nutritious meal for the kiddos if the happy meal comes with apples and milk ... and maybe 10 minutes of silence while they eat!!!
  • I do not sleep well as I listen for my little ones all night long.
  • I pray over them while they sleep.
  • I cry over pictures as I remember moments that seem like so long ago.
  • My heart hurts when they hurt. My heart is overjoyed when they are happy (or sleeping).
  • I love them more than I could have ever imagined. For me to forfeit being a person is just fine with me. Being a Mommy is the best thing I will ever be.

Ok, there are a lot of items I could add to this list. I would LOVE to hear what would be on your list!!!

0 comments: