Monday, January 26, 2009

Not Me Monday!!!



It's "Not Me! Monday" time! I recently stumbled upon another blog that had participated and thought it seemed like a lot of fun (plus there is sarcasm and you all KNOW how much I love sarcasm!) I get to "admit" some of my failures for the week without actually "admitting" them. Head over to http://www.mycharmingkids.net/ for more Not Me's ... only after reading mine!



  • I did not have a productive week at work this week. I was not feeling pretty good about that until 3 students I had recruited backed out. That would not make me totally bummed out since it was out of my control.


  • I did not ask my husband to take care of getting the boys out the door on Friday morning just so I could sleep in. I do not love him so much more for doing so with out complaining. I did not enjoy sleeping in until 9:30 before heading out to lunch with two great girlfriends. I did not have an enjoyable time with said girlfriends.


  • I also did not forgot to ask one of the girlfriend's how her birthday went! I would not have been that stuck on a couple of my issues to have forgotten to ask what her kids and hubby purchased for her. That would just be selfish friend right there. I would not be asking for her forgiveness in front of blogger world (I do love you Steph! And I am sorry!!!)


  • We did not take the boys to the circus on Saturday night. They did not enjoy themselves and most certainly did not fall asleep on the way home totally tuckered out. I would not have taken a picture of that to share with each of you (along with some others).


  • I did not borrow a treadmill from my mother-in-law because I do not know myself well enough to not know that I probably will not follow through with this. I would not have this idea in my head that I could just jump right on and make it a mile with no issues. I am surely NOT in that bad of shape. I promise you I was not right about that fact!


  • Aiden did not come in while I was on said treadmill and say, "Mom ... you are getting skinnier already!" I did not take that to heart and consider stopping the workout after only 5 minutes. That would be lazy!


  • It did not hit me while taking a shower after said workout that in September Aiden ran his first one mile fun run in 9 minutes and 14 seconds. I did not want to cry after realizing it took me 15 minutes to walk 1/2 of a mile!


  • I am not determined to lose this weight! I am not determined to get into a workout pattern and stick to it. I do not think I can do this and I do not know that I cannot do this alone!


  • I did not crack up laughing after working out and giving Logan a hug while still in my tank top after he asked me (while pointing to my mile of cleavage) "Mom, what's that crack for?" I did not laugh even harder when he asked why he didn't have one.







Have a great week everyone!
~Carrie~

4 comments:

Steph Wilson said...

Carrie,
I didn't even realize you didn't ask me about my birthday. Do you see how much it bothered me? It was more important that you were able to vent and discuss your frustrations with your girls. No need to feel even a little bit bad. Can't wait til Saturday.
P.S. If you really need to ask how my birthday was we'll have all day on Saturday.
Steph

Unknown said...

Dont' feel bad Carrie, because I didn't ask either...what kind of girlfriends are we anyway???!!!!
Steph you have the floor on Saturday :)

Wayne said...

Great not me monday, I'm so not glad that you and the kids did not have a great time at the circus :)

I was also wondering if you would like to take part in my new blog called tribute tuesday. It's a chance to pay tribute to some one who lightes up your life. It also has a mr linky

http://pudmud.blogspot.com/2009/01/tribute-tuesday_19.html

Kaleena said...

Great Not Me's! I love the part about the treadmill and the cleavage! You crack me up! Thanks for the laugh!