Friday, January 16, 2009

It's a New Day ... A Cold New Day, But New ...

Hello.
Sorry I was so whiny yesterday, but I do feel better getting that off my chest! Too bad it didn't REALLY take any weight off my chest ... er, um. Anyway!

I want to let you know that my pity party is over. I had a rough night last night with the weight stuff and then the night went downhill from there! We lost power at midnight. Not at all a good thing when the windchill is -40 ... yes, you read that correctly! So, the kiddos and I loaded up and headed out to my in-laws. The boys were so great and calm getting ready in the dark. I was afraid they would freak, but since I managed to remain calm I think it helped. Who knew! I didn't get much sleep since both boys wanted to sleep with Mommy in a queen sized bed, but it was fun to cuddle up with them. Turns out the my work was cancelled due to the outage sooooo ... SNOW DAY! We are all still in our pj's. Our cousin, TC, is here playing nerf guns with the boys and having a great time. Tonight is pizza and movies (at home) with the fam and I am excited.

Want to brag on myself for a sec. Marcus brought home donuts for breakfast and guess who passed on them! That's right ... me! I am a pastry freak (take that over chocolate any day) but I did it! I did stare at the box and salivate, but I didn't cave. Baby steps, right?????

And to my friends (and family members) Mis and Steph (runners). Please know that I know we are ALWAYS joking about my lack of running and such. I know you'd never laugh AT me. You guys are honest enough to just say, "Um ... yea - your are getting fat. What are you going to do about it???" That's why I love you ... although you never did actually SAY that!!!! :) I do love you guys and I know that you'll support me in this. Even though we do have a date to Applebee's coming up ... they have weight watcher menu items, right??? Make sure I order one of those!

Ok ... I am off for now. I've got some cute pics I want to share next week once I get them downloaded.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Love,
Carrie

0 comments: