Friday, October 10, 2008

Freaky Friday

Hello!

I had my last ethics class last night and still made it home in time to watch a classic Office episode all about ethics! TOO FUNNY! I only have my final presentation (a project I've been working on for 8 months now) to present on the 30th and I am done!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hooray for me!

Ok, I titled this Freaky Friday because I saw a girl at the gas station this morning wearing a wool coat, scarf, hat, jeans ... and flip flops! I do not understand this. Can someone help me out here? How can you be wrapped up like a snow bunny from the ankles up, but somehow think your feet can stay warm enough with just a piece of plastic between the toes? I wish I would have taken a picture with her so that she could have seen how ridiculous it was. Sorry if I've offended any of you and your 'style' but ... really????

Well, this weekend I am going to finalize that project for school and that's about it. Wish me luck!
Have a great weekend,
Carrie

2 comments:

Missy said...

I don't completely understand the phenomenon, but right now I am wearing jeans with a long-sleeved, mock turtleneck sweater...and flip-flops! HOWEVER, please note that I will not be venturing outside with the "piece of plastic between my toes." My feet act like an instant air conditioner sometimes, so I sort of understand the get-up.

I am happy for you that schooling is almost complete. It will be great to remove that commute from your itinerary.

The girls miss the boys...along with everything else in South Whitley. Keep us in touch!

Leslie said...

My question is...when did flip flops become business attire? Yesterday, I witnessed school personnel in business attire...with flip flops rounding out the ensemble. I know I've been out of it for a year, but is this "in" now? I feel so behind! And...it wasn't just the one individual...I saw LOTS of them. We should affectionately refer to them as the "flip-floppers" from now on, don't you think?

Miss you all, and love checking on your blog. Hugs to the family! See you soon?! (C'mon holidays!)

Love,
Leslie