Saturday, December 20, 2008

Bucket List


I am currently sitting at my desk with an electric heater at my feet attempting to thaw from my 2 hour shift of ringing bells for the Salvation Army this morning. I had a ringing partner that I had never met before and am so excited to tell you about her!

Her name is Cathrine and she turned 80 in June. She decided to make out a "bucket list" for herself (bucket list would be things that you've always wanted to do before - well, kicking the bucket). Thus far she's been able to check off having her first manicure, pedicure, going to Las Vegas, flying over the Grand Canyon in a 4 seater plane, attending her first demolition derby (that was my fav! HA!) and now ringing the bells for the Salvation Army. She doesn't have much left to do on her list. The one that is going to take her the longest is tracking down some of her friends she hasn't seen in years. Some live in Ohio, some in Florida and some she isn't sure where they are.

The other fun fact of Cathrine was that not only did she used to teach the music courses at a local school, but she was also the pa ton teacher! HA! I had no idea there was once a pa ton class or club!

Anyway, I am so glad I was blessed by Cathrine today. I know I will think of her for years to come. And now ... I think I should start my bucket list ...

2 comments:

Steph Wilson said...

Carrie,
That is really cool! It is great that Catherine has been able to mark so much off of her Bucket List.
Do you mean Baton?

Missy said...

Carrie:
I hope you all are surviving the ice. At least the weather here is not debilitating like in Indiana. People just get on with it and the roads aren't too bad.

Have a Merry Christmas!