Friday, December 12, 2008

First Play Date

Ok, I know this is corny, but I have to share anyway. Two days ago, Aiden came home with a note from a parent. This parent asked said that her son, Brent, would like Aiden to ride the bus home with him on Friday so that they can make cookies, play and have dinner together. Now, Aiden has talked about Brent S. since the very first day of school. I include Brent's last initial as Aiden ONLY refers to Brent by his first and last name. Has cracked us up every time since school started! Anyway, I guess I think that this is a special moment because I remember how big of a deal it was when a friend asked for YOU and only YOU to come home with them after school. It was an even bigger deal when the mom's let it happen! So, today is the big day. Aiden woke himself up for school and was ready 15 minutes earlier than normal! He is so excited to be riding bus 5B instead of his bus home. So sweet. Of course I went over some rules with him and reminded him to use his manners and to eat what is given to him at dinner. He quickly looked and me and said, "But what if it's meatloaf ... or YOUR sloppy joes???" (we recently learned that he doesn't like MY sloppy joe's but LOVES the school's and he has always hated meatloaf ... but what mom would make meatloaf for a play date ??? right???). Anyway, I assured him that he could probably tell her those are two things he doesn't like and she wouldn't make them and to have fun. I cannot wait to hear how it goes ... and to eat some of the cookies they make! Do you remember the first time you went home with a friend after school? The ones I remember doing that with lived in my neighborhood: Nichole and Kim. I still am in touch with Nichole, but I haven't heard from Kim in years ... memories.

On a heavier note ... please pray for a former coworker of mine named Bill. He is a billboard poster and fell off a billboard on Wednesday and had to be air lifted to Indy where he is in critical condition. He has a broken ankle, hip, and a skull fracture. I will post updates if and when I hear them.

Love,
Carrie

0 comments: